Experience with youth and volunteers
The Chairman of VZW Symbiose Marc Bogaerts has extensive experience in working internationally with youth volunteers on cultural social projects :
Creating a ballet “Four seasons” for the Potsdam Sans Soussi Festival with Australian volunteering performers coming from the international youth exchange program
- Under the protection of Prince Phillip, he choreographed for the 100th anniversary of Scouting Worldwide“Jambe,” with more than 600 young volunteer performers for a crowd of 100,000 at the King Baudouin Stadium in Brussels
- Under the highest protection of Queen Fabiola and King Baudouin, mass spectacle “Father Damiaen” for 60,000 audience in celebration of Father Damiaen’s
- canonization by Pope John Paul II in 1995, with more than 800 young volunteering performers
- Directed “Queens of the night” sport/art production with more than 60 young performers
- With young performers: Giulia Tonelli and Pascal Duquenne (prize winner for a male role in Festival de Cannes in 1996) he created promotion video clip for Belgium at the Special Olympics
- Involving youth volunteers (set design made by the Academy in Antwerp, costumes made partly by youth coming from international exchange program between Belgium and Brazil) in the creative process of a dance theatre production “Not strictly Rubens” with the Royal Ballet of Flanders (Antwerp Opera House, Sadler’s Wells in Lond
- With band Carpe Diem and young improvisation artists created a street theatre performance”Not strictly van Eyck”
- Received various grants to work with youth programmes on disability: Participation, Vlaams Circuslandschap,Jeugdprogrammatie Stad Antwerpen culturele vernieuwing,Cera Awards (vzw Walk Again).
- With young street dancers choreographed a video clip “You hurt me 1” for Hooverphonic
- Choreographed the latest show Moreese.com of world famous rock band Praga Khan-with and for young people to discover the creativity in all of us.
With the Golovin Ballet (Toulouse, France) creating art works with street kids on the subject of racism
With Nautica Dance Company (Greece) for the Athens Festival creating with various youth groups of volunteers work on the lost values of the Greek culture
- Organizing “Art and Sport as Cultural Diplomacy” program for young leaders at the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy in Berlin
- With young performers from GDR he created a film “Novalis die blaue Blume”
- With young sportsmen and artist directed Deutsche Turnfest 2005 Berlin– one of the biggest events in Germany that draws 100.000 spectators (Deutschlandhalle 18.000 spectators) and life RBB broadcasting.
- Received grant from Fürst Donnersmarck Stiftung for work on disability
- Directed in the Olympia Stadium in Berlin the opening ceremony ISTAF Golden League Competition 2008 (performance of teenage students from the Staatliche Ballettschule Berlin and Schule für Artistic)
- With young performers for the Staatliche Ballettschule Berlin made film with Dirk
- Zöllner” an “Entrance-exit” on drug abuse and this during the fall of the Wall in Berlin
- For the Rotterdam Sport Congress created with youth kickboxing champion Tina Bellemans dance act
- For NEBAS (Nederlandse bond voor aangepast sporten) Congress on Disability created spectacular circus act using individually developed wheelchair
created for the 2010 Sport price Awards (Warsaw) in the televised production from the youthsportgroup Ocelot a wheelchair act.
With Companhia de Danza Lisboa (Portugal) creating with Lisbon youth volunteers and professional dancers work raising awareness about mental disability issues
Creating a theatre production “Sleeping Beauty” on young woman discrimination issue in Romania with participation of 30 young volunteering performers from the Actors School in Cluj-Napoca
“Requiem” Mozart- European Youth project (set of creative workshops for unprivileged children) under the highest protection of Queen Fabiola, King Baudoin and Frau Herzog (Former Germany first Lady )
With Ballet des Stadttheater St-Gallen (Switzerland) and the local youth group of volunteers creating “My family” on the values of the family
Marc Bogaerts Day was created by the Mayor of Orlando, Florida for his drug awareness work with volunteering youth in collaboration with the “Say No to Drugs Week” established by Nancy Reagan