Worldwide Marc Bogaerts worked with more then 40 dance companies including:
- Royal Danish Ballet (Denmark)
- Deutsche Oper Berlin
- Deutsche Staatsoper “Unter den Linden”
- Tanztheather of the Komische Oper Berlin
- Bayerisches Staatsballet
- States Theatre Schwerin (Germany)
- International Dance Festival Tokyo
- Royal Ballet of Flanders (Belgium)
- Washington Ballet
- The Southern Ballet Theatre Orlando
- Santa Barbara Ballet
- Milwaukee Ballet
- Jacobs Pillow Dance Festival (USA)
- Ballet Teatrul National Opera Bucuresti (Romania)
- Sibiu International Festival (Romania)
- States Theatre Napoca Cluj (Romania)
- Compagnia de dansa de Lisboa (Portugal)
- National Theatre Novi Sad (Serbia)
- National Theatre Ljubliana (Slovenia)
To make Rubens contemporary he brought following unusual teams together:
Title: ‘Not strictly Rubens’ (Royal Ballet of Flanders)
Music: Rockband Praga Khan (Film music for Basic Instinct, Sliver)
Costumes: Fashiondesigner Walter van Beirendonck
Venues: The Antwerp Opera House, Sadlers Well (London) + 30 sold out Performances
Media Presence: Creation of a MTV videoclip, a Canvas Art Channel making off, an exhibition at the Antwerp Fashion Museum
Dance these days is dying in its intellectualized alphabet soup
– Marc Bogaerts –
- Friedrichstadtpalast (50 Jahre Zirkus) Berlin
- Tollwood Festival Munich,
- Hans Otto Theater, Potsdam
- Cirque du Soleil in Montreal Canada
- Circo d’ell Fuego
Bogaerts has also exploded on to the newest scene in artistic productions working with “Carpe Diem” to create a street theater performance for Quicksilver “Not strictly Van Eyck.”
Circus and Classical Dance are basically the same since they both reach for ultimate weightlessness
– Marc Bogaerts –
Being interested in the discussion that today people are seeing musik instead of hearing, Marc has choreographed two films with Director Robert Groslot: “The Great Globe” and “Si le Monde.” Bogaerts has also choreographed the underground cult movie “Novalis, die blaue Blume” (Director: Hevert Kipping) These films are innovative, multi-faceted and open to many interpretations.
He has also choreographed for:
- Praga Khan
- Dirk Zoellner
- Bourgeois Gentille Homme: Film role: Played Louis XIV with known French actor Michel Galabru Filmed at Palais des Miroires (Versailles)
The multiplicatoric aspect of film,video and web brought a new dimension to the world of spreading art. We became visualists instead of empiricists
– Marc Bogaerts –
Under the protection of Prince Phillip, Marc choreographed for the 100th anniversary of Scouting Worldwide “Jambe” with more than 600 performers for a crowd of 80,000 at the King Baudouin Stadium in Brussels.
Under the highest protection of Queen Fabiola and King Baudouin, Marc choreographed “Father Damiaen” in celebration of Father Damiaen’s canonization, with more than 800 performers for a crowd of 60,000. The former Pope Benedictus XVI set the date for the canonization 11 october 2009, at the Saint Pieters Square in Rome. Under the highest protection under the German former first Lady Frau Herzog and Belgian Queen Fabiola, Marc directed ‘Requiem’ (Mozart) in St. Petersburg.
The ritualism of many people moving together and serving a symbol has mesmerised audiences worldwide. Although the process of bringing the performers together is difficult these days, it is surely worth all its efforts
– Marc Bogaerts –
- Deutsche Oper Berlin-“Carmina Burana” “L’Histoire du Soldat” and “Amahl and the Night Visitors” (Berlin, Germany)
- Neuman Balthasar Ensemble, DirectorThomas Hengelbrock ‘Pur ti miro’
- Royal Flemisch Opera : Traviata, Meistersinger von Nurenberg, Boris Godounof etc. (Antwerp, Belgium)
- Stadttheater St. Gallen ‘Rusalka’ : Philippe Arlaud Feldkirch Festival(St. Gallen, Switzerland)
- Schwetzingen Festival and the Innsbruck Festival of Early Music working with Philippe Arlaud on “El Divisione del Mondo”
- Seefestspielen Berlin “Carmen” director Volker Schloendorff. Filmed by Arte and produced by DEAG (Schwenkow)
Staatstheater Mecklenbuergisches Schwerin “Dracula”
Also productions like: Kiss me Kate,My Fair Lady,Sound of Music,Fiddler on the Roof.
- Studio 54 (New York)
- Ice Theatre New York
- I Fiaminghi
- “Sound of Silence” (Togo Hideki, Japan) Maurice Engelen and Inja Van Gastel “Eroticon” and “Code Red”
With following orchestras and Conductors productions were realised were I was director or choreographer:
- “La divisione del Mondo”
Director: Philippe Arlaud
- “Four Seasons” Musikfestspiele Potsdam Sanssouci
*Same production also for Komische Oper Berlin/ Southern Ballet Company (usa),
Orkest Komische Oper Berlin, Orlando Symphonie
- “Carmina Burana”
Deutsche Oper Berlin
Music: C. Orff
Director: G. Friedrich
- “Festa Theatrale ” Performances: Prinzregententheater München, Konzerthaus Berlin, Philharmonie Köln,
- “Stabat Mater” Theater Ingolstadt
*Same production for: L’orchestre de Chambre de Waterloo: Ulysse Waterlot
- “Pur ti miro”
Performances: Stuttgart, Lörrach, Bosen, Meran, Trento.
- “Dorian Gray”
Music: Max Lang
Musikfestspiele Potsdam Sanssouci
- “Amahl and the Night Visitors”
Deutsche Oper Berlin
- “L’histoire du Soldat”
Deutsche Oper Berlin
- “Black Mask”
Hans-Otto theater, Potsdam
Koninklijk Ballet van Vlaanderen
Marc Bogaerts works worldwide to reinstall the values that the ancient Greeks once gave to sport. His ongoing project “S.P.O.R.T.” brings all forms of Sport Art and Ecology/Innovation together and creates complete new ways to look at sport.
- Deutsche Turnfest 2005 Berlin: Berlin bewegt uns in collaboration with Berlins Multitask Mediaburo, Marc directed the Gala in the Deutschlandhalle (18.000 spectators) and life RBB-broadcasting.
- Opening Ceremony Istaf/DKB : ‘Golden League’ at Berlin Olympiastadion 2007/2008 (70.000 spectators) with ‘Vlaams Circus Landschap’, Etage/Staatliche Ballettschule Berlin und Schule für Artistic.
- Hans-Otto Theatre (Potsdam): SPORT featuring Udo Beyer (Gold medal shotput Olympic Games Moscow).
- Ball des Sportes 2013, Wiesbaden “Symfony on Wheels”, produced by Deutsche Sporthilfe.
- Rotterdam Sport Congress
- Created act contemporary dance versus kickboxing in collaboration with Kunstenaars & Co (Amsterdam) and Soumia (Worldchampion Kikcboxing 2007)
- Nebas Congress on disability: Created circusact in specialy developed gymnastic wheelchair.
- Flemish Sport Awards (2006, 2007, 2008)
- West-Flemish Sport Awards
- Opening Eurogames 2007 (Antwerp,Belgium)
- ‘S.P.O.R.T.’ Hour Culture (Sports University of Leuven)
- Sport Personality of the year featuring Tom Boonen (Worldchampion bycicling )
- FIG-Gala (Ghent 2006)
- ‘The Sky is the limit’ featuring Stefan Everts (8 times worldchampion Motorcross)
Sport Art and Disability
Promotion videoclip for Special Olympics with actor Pascal Duquenne and Giulia Tonini (Royal Ballet of Flanders
He also conceptualizes for DEU/ISU and many American and Canadian Olympic ice-skaters for both national and international competitions. Bogaerts also worked extensively with former German champions Kati Winkler and Rene Lohse.
Experience with youth and volunteers
The Chairman of VZW Symbiose Marc Bogaerts has extensive experience in working internationally with youth volunteers on cultural social projects :
Creating a ballet “Four seasons” for the Potsdam Sans Soussi Festival with Australian volunteering performers coming from the international youth exchange program
- Under the protection of Prince Phillip, he choreographed for the 100th anniversary of Scouting Worldwide“Jambe,” with more than 600 young volunteer performers for a crowd of 100,000 at the King Baudouin Stadium in Brussels
- Under the highest protection of Queen Fabiola and King Baudouin, mass spectacle “Father Damiaen” for 60,000 audience in celebration of Father Damiaen’s
- canonization by Pope John Paul II in 1995, with more than 800 young volunteering performers
- Directed “Queens of the night” sport/art production with more than 60 young performers
- With young performers: Giulia Tonelli and Pascal Duquenne (prize winner for a male role in Festival de Cannes in 1996) he created promotion video clip for Belgium at the Special Olympics
- Involving youth volunteers (set design made by the Academy in Antwerp, costumes made partly by youth coming from international exchange program between Belgium and Brazil) in the creative process of a dance theatre production “Not strictly Rubens” with the Royal Ballet of Flanders (Antwerp Opera House, Sadler’s Wells in Lond
- With band Carpe Diem and young improvisation artists created a street theatre performance”Not strictly van Eyck”
- Received various grants to work with youth programmes on disability: Participation, Vlaams Circuslandschap,Jeugdprogrammatie Stad Antwerpen culturele vernieuwing,Cera Awards (vzw Walk Again).
- With young street dancers choreographed a video clip “You hurt me 1” for Hooverphonic
- Choreographed the latest show Moreese.com of world famous rock band Praga Khan-with and for young people to discover the creativity in all of us.
With the Golovin Ballet (Toulouse, France) creating art works with street kids on the subject of racism
With Nautica Dance Company (Greece) for the Athens Festival creating with various youth groups of volunteers work on the lost values of the Greek culture
- Organizing “Art and Sport as Cultural Diplomacy” program for young leaders at the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy in Berlin
- With young performers from GDR he created a film “Novalis die blaue Blume”
- With young sportsmen and artist directed Deutsche Turnfest 2005 Berlin– one of the biggest events in Germany that draws 100.000 spectators (Deutschlandhalle 18.000 spectators) and life RBB broadcasting.
- Received grant from Fürst Donnersmarck Stiftung for work on disability
- Directed in the Olympia Stadium in Berlin the opening ceremony ISTAF Golden League Competition 2008 (performance of teenage students from the Staatliche Ballettschule Berlin and Schule für Artistic)
- With young performers for the Staatliche Ballettschule Berlin made film with Dirk
- Zöllner” an “Entrance-exit” on drug abuse and this during the fall of the Wall in Berlin
- For the Rotterdam Sport Congress created with youth kickboxing champion Tina Bellemans dance act
- For NEBAS (Nederlandse bond voor aangepast sporten) Congress on Disability created spectacular circus act using individually developed wheelchair
created for the 2010 Sport price Awards (Warsaw) in the televised production from the youthsportgroup Ocelot a wheelchair act.
With Companhia de Danza Lisboa (Portugal) creating with Lisbon youth volunteers and professional dancers work raising awareness about mental disability issues
Creating a theatre production “Sleeping Beauty” on young woman discrimination issue in Romania with participation of 30 young volunteering performers from the Actors School in Cluj-Napoca
“Requiem” Mozart- European Youth project (set of creative workshops for unprivileged children) under the highest protection of Queen Fabiola, King Baudoin and Frau Herzog (Former Germany first Lady )
With Ballet des Stadttheater St-Gallen (Switzerland) and the local youth group of volunteers creating “My family” on the values of the family
Marc Bogaerts Day was created by the Mayor of Orlando, Florida for his drug awareness work with volunteering youth in collaboration with the “Say No to Drugs Week” established by Nancy Reagan
Convinced about stagnation of modern dance after the death of Limon and Graham, forseeing new development in contemporary and classical dance, Bogaerts developed a methodical-pedagogic system (Starting at age 12), that combines the Vaganova method with Limon technique and emphasises on the knowledge he acquired working for many Olympic Training centres worldwide.
He taught this system at
- the Staatliche Ballettschule Berlin
- Ballettschule der Wiener Staatsoper
- Heinz-Bosl-Stiftung Munich
- the Royal Ballet School Antwerp
- the Australian Conservatory of Ballet
- the Victoria College of the Arts
- Victoria College of the Arts
- North Carolina School of the Arts
- St. Petersburg Ballet School
- the Royal Danish Ballet School.
And many of their companies.
Brussels - Berlin - New York - London
Represented by Symbiose
(Non For Profit Organisation)
Registered at Court of Commerce Antwerp 863.835.478
Artistic Director: Marc Bogaerts
Tel: +49(0)172 3919755